Assistant HR Business Partner
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
£20 - 23 per hour
Assistant HR Business Partner
3 months (initial contract)
£20 - £23 per hour
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant HR Business Partner on a temporary contract basis for a Public Sector client of ours who are currently undergoing a largescale and exciting transformation; based in the East Midlands.
The successful Assistant HR Business Partner will have the following responsibilities:
- Delivering expert, professional HR advice and coaching to managers within a designated service area, on all aspects of HR
- Driving the achievement of the organisation's business and service plans by providing timely, expert, risk informed HR advice on all organisational change activity including redundancy, restructuring and TUPE to ensure the organisation has the right workforce to deliver its services
- Supporting the HR Business Partner in the delivery of a professional HR service that adds value and delivers effective business-focused solutions
- Working in partnership with managers and other HR professionals to drive organisational change and enable continuous improvement
- Advising on the organisation's employment policies, terms and conditions, and on employment law to ensure that the decisions taken achieve the service objectives in a cost effective and a policy/ legally compliant way, taking a managed approach to risk
- Taking a project management approach to the delivery of organisational change (redundancy, restructuring and TUPE), working in partnership with the service managers to drive the HR aspects to ensure effective change management
- Managing all local consultation and negotiations with Trade Unions/Employee Representatives to achieve the organisations aims in the spirit of good employee relations and advising managers at the formal Consultative Forum with Trade Unions for the Service
- Coaching managers to undertake their employee management roles and to support the development, design and delivery of management training on all aspects of employee relations to ensure that new managers are appropriately trained and that the standard of management is continuously improved across the organisation
To be successful in this role; the Assistant HR Business Partner will:
- Be educated to degree-level or equivalent and/or a management qualification
- CIPD qualified to Level 7 and either
- Chartered Membership of CIPD
- Have proven track record for working successfully as a HR professional, providing advice and direction in HR and Employee Relations to Senior Managers and teams in a complex organisation
- Project Management experience undertaking organisational change, experience of matrix management in cross service teams and delivering project outcomes.
- Experience of using and interpreting HR policies and procedures and use of best practice within employment legislation and conditions of service.
- Proficiency in an employee relations environment dealing with a variety of unions on complex issues which include restructuring and TUPE.
- Demonstrable Employment law knowledge.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of customer focus and service delivery approaches.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, influencing, mediation and negotiating skills.
- Presentation and training delivery skills.
- Working in an agile, flexible way, capable of utilising technology to deliver business-focused solutions.
- Ability to travel effectively across customer and stakeholder sites
**Please note that travel within the county will be necessary therefore the successful Assistant HR Business Partner will be required to hold a valid UK drivers licence and have access to their own vehicle
If you are an experienced Assistant HR Business Partner and would like to be part of this exciting organisations then I would like to hear from you!
Please apply directly online and if your application is successful; one of the team will be in touch!