Senior Data Engineer
London, Greater London, England
£60k - 70k per year
Currently hiring for one of the largest commercial national and regional news publishers in the UK. Who are looking for an experienced senior data engineer to join the team!
As a data engineer you will be required to; build data platforms, pipelines, APIs, and integrations to support the commercial operations.
The primary data sets you will be working with include 1st and 3rd party data from advertising and analytics platforms, audience data management platforms, and news article content data from our client's contextual analysis and brand safety product.
* Expert knowledge of SQL and relational database systems
* Knowledge of non-relational databases such as NoSQL
* Experience with modern storage tools like Athena, Redshift, Snowﬂake, and BigQuery.
* Experience building big data infrastructure, data ingestion, and modelling pipelines.
* Strong knowledge of either AWS or Google Cloud
* Experience designing and building scalable APIs, as well as consuming and integrating with 3rd party APIs.
* Excellent experience in BI tools
* Design and implement a scalable and durable data model for specialised datasets.
* Develop the end-to-end automation of data pipelines, making datasets readily consumable by visualisation tools and notiﬁcation systems, through APIs and web services, and to integrate with both internal and third-party production systems.
* Create automated alarming and dashboarding to monitor data integrity.
* Create and manage capacity and performance plans.
This will be a popular role so please don't hesitate and apply today with an updated CV, clearly stating your experience against the above requirements.