Senior AP Clerk - 6 Month Contract
Crawley, Hampshire, England
£30k - 35k per year
Ignata Finance are exclusively recruiting a Senior AP Clerk to join our clients ever growing business. The role will require you to operate as a subject matter expert for AP with responsibility for its performance. The role will be responsible for ensuring that on a timely basis all paperwork is recorded and that accurate payments are made. A key part of the role will involve problem solving and ensuring that transaction processes are robust and limit risk and fraud. The role will also be responsible for maintaining and improving departmental processes and reporting, and building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external customers.
As Senior AP Clerk your duties will include:
* Provide effective supplier payment management processes in consideration of cash flow requirements
* Oversee the timely processing of all supplier transactions
* Ensure all processes are robust and limit risk and potential fraud
* Introduce and refine enhancements to the processes to include automation, efficiency improvements and promotion of excellent housekeeping within all areas
* Maintain and develop the relationships with customers and suppliers, helping the team achieve best terms and target achievement
* Seek out areas of continuous improvements in the AP processing functions
As part of the Finance team, you would be expected to have the following skills and experience:
* Proven ability to multi task
* Appreciation of the fundamentals of accounting and the importance of strong financial controls
* Confident, articulate and adept in obtaining and, where necessary challenging, information in order to progress processing and meet targets
* Organised and methodical in your approach to work and able to prioritise work appropriately
* A robust approach to relationships and interactions with colleagues
* A genuine team player appreciating the importance of team goals
* A proven focus on improving effectiveness and efficiency of processes
* The finance department is often a lively and pressurised environment and the job holder should recognise and respond positively to this as appropriate.
* The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
* Previous experience of working in a client focused environment with the ability to communicate at all levels is essential
* You must have a robust approach to relationships, and a positive team spirit is essential.
* It is essential that the job holder is available and happy to work flexible hours when needed. It is anticipated that the longer hours will be primarily at a month end to ensure the completion of month end procedures.