Brighton, East Sussex, England
Ignata Finance are proud to be exclusively partnering Paddenburg & Co for the recruitment of an Accountant to join their busy team based in central Brighton. For over thirty years Paddenburg & Co have been helping individuals and companies by taking the strain out of tax planning, and by offering thoughtful accounting advice. If you need the right advice at the right time, Paddenburg & Co can help you. They pride themselves on being able to provide that advice in a friendly and personal manner. Apart from the standard accountancy and taxation services, they can assist in financial planning for you and your business. They take the time to listen and learn about you and your circumstances, providing you with the support, service and expertise to help you or your business develop.
This role is ideally suited towards an ACCA/ACA part or newly qualified accountant who is looking to join a family run accountancy practice located in the fashionable North Laines in central Brighton.
The firm focuses on advising owner-managed businesses in a variety of commercial sectors, property clients, wealthy individuals, partnerships, charities, academies, other not-for-profit organisations and other specialist and interesting clients.
With a general practice background, the Accountant will report into the Partners and undertake a range of duties including:
* Preparation and submission of VAT returns with a small amount of bookkeeping
* Accounts preparation for Limited Companies, Sole traders and Partnerships as required
* Accounts Production / Completion of Company Tax Returns (via IRIS Accountancy Suite)
* Assisting in the management of workflow through the office
* Meet with new and existing clients
* Manage monthly billing targets and prepare bills
* Liaising with HM Revenue & Customs
* Providing support to others in the office if required
With opportunities for career progression, this is an exciting opportunity for an Accountant who is looking to develop their career within a supportive environment.
* Currently work for an accountancy practice
* Comfortable with handling a large, varied client base
* Confident in working to deadlines
* Must have excellent communication skills as well as confidence in their own abilities
* Will need a flexible outlook as well as being an adaptable and motivated team player
All 3 rd party CV's sent directly to Paddenburg & Co will be forwarded on to Sam Trenwith at Ignata Finance. To find out more or to apply please contact Sam Trenwith on 01444 849 317 or firstname.lastname@example.org