West Sussex, England
£65k - 75k per year
Ignata Finance have been exclusively retained by a growing, international business to appoint a high calibre Financial Controller, based in Crawley.
A senior position within the management group and reporting directly to the CFO, this role is global in outlook and requires strong team leadership and change management skills during an exciting period of growth and transition for the overall business and the Finance department. The successful candidate will possess strong technical, management and communication skills with an ability to influence at a senior level.
* Maintain centre of excellence standards across the finance department on all accounting - ensuring accounts reflect latest GAAP requirements.
* Ensure balance sheet reporting is consistent and clear across all ledgers and balances are complete and recoverable
* Production of all statutory accounts through an organised, smooth and efficient process against clearly understood deadlines.
* Responsible for review and reporting of all legal entity accounts
* Management of all audits ensuring an efficient, cost effective and smooth process
* Overall responsibility for the financial controls environment across the organisation
* Implementation and management of annual internal controls audit / checklist
* Cash flow and balance sheet forecasting and planning
* Currency translation / intercompany management
* Lead and motivate finance team members of different levels: unqualified, part qualified and qualified
* Managing FX risk with clearly understood and proactive processes (hedging)
* Responsible for accounting related to acquisitions and corporate restructures.
* Responsible for, alongside external advisers, the tax risks related to acquisitions and/or corporate restructures or transactions.
* Play a role on financial due diligence alongside colleagues and external advisers
* Management of monthly and annual corporation tax compliance
* Management of overseas accountants and auditors
Skills and experience required:
* ACA / ACCA or equivalent Qualified Accountant - with significant post-qualified experience
* Experience of managing a Financial Accounting team and experience of delivering business support for senior management
* An excellent communicator with ability to build relationships at different levels within the organisation
* Experience of a business with an international footprint would be advantageous
* Willingness to embrace change management and some broad project management skills
* Strong technical accounting knowledge across a broad range of areas
Some international travel required
£60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits
This job is now closed to further applications.