Redhill, Surrey, England
£50k - 60k per year + benefits
Manufacturing & Industrial
Ignata Finance are partnering a profitable private equity backed SME located in Redhill for the recruitment of a Finance Manager. This is a highly varied position which combines technical accounting, commercial finance as well as people management. This is a fast paced business which will involve building relationships and advising budget holders - in addition you will be involved in both the strategic growth plans and future technology advances. Reporting to the CFO you will form part of the management team and will attend senior meetings making contributions to key business decisions. You will be a hands-on individual who is happy to get involved with the detail and you must be willing to take on the challenges faced within an SME and PE backed company.
Due to the nature of the role you will ideally match the following
- Previously worked within an SME (ideally PE backed). Or, audited PE backed companies
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Able to produce a full set of management accounts and statutory accounts
- Excel must be to an intermediate level (modelling experience would be desirable but not essential)
- Experience of systems upgrades/implementations would be a bonus
- Responsible for the production of the management accounts including balance sheet, accruals and prepayment. This includes preparing both the management packs and board packs.
- Responsible for month-end reporting including profit and loss reporting and cashflow forecasting
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting process
- Lead 5 year planning and forecasts ensuring re-forecasting takes place
- Prepare financial models in relation to investment analysis, projects and ad hoc requests from CFO/CEO
- Conduct detailed analysis including variance analysis, sales and margin analysis. Provide commentary and ensure any risks are highlighted and dealt with swiftly
- Prepare year end tasks such as financial statements
- Lead the relationship with external auditors. Assist with the relationships with banks and HMRC
- Act as a key finance business partner across the company ensuring they understand their budgets, reporting duties and provide analysis to increase profits and mitigate risk
- Provide commercial solutions to business decisions which ensure profits and performance is maintained
- Continuously reviewing company internal controls and ensure necessary improvements are implemented and rolled out across the organisation
- Keep up to date with regulations and laws which govern accounting procedures
- Managing a team including PDP's, distribution of work and mentoring
This job is now closed to further applications.