Greater London, England
£75k - 85k per year
Retail & FMCG
Location: Central London
Ignata Finance are exclusively recruiting a Financial Controller for a growing hospitality business with offices in Central London. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will have overall responsibility for the accounting function. In order to make a success of this role, you will need to lead a finance transformation programme, be a team player with the ability to motivate and develop your direct reports.
You will also need to be comfortable working at pace, with an ability to provide both solid financial control and insightful analysis. This role will allow you to develop as a financial controller and grow within a business on the path to becoming an industry leader.
* Deliver financial insight to drive the business forward
* Ownership of the month-end process, management accounts and Board pack.
* Produce financial information, financial statements and cash flow projections for use by the Board of Directors
* Monthly review of management accounts ensuring all variances are investigated highlighting possible business risk scenarios, opportunities and focusing on the impact these have on the business and the forecast
* Responsible for overseeing the year-end audit and statutory accounts
* Managing and developing the finance team
* Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Being the key contact for all external stakeholders, including auditors, bankers, payroll agency and shareholders
* Ensuring accurate and timely compliance with the company's corporate requirements across the jurisdictions in which it operates (e.g. VAT returns and tax filing)
* Supporting the Finance Director with ad hoc strategic projects, including supporting expansion
Key Performance Indicators:
* Be able to run a strong department with accurate, timely, relevant information delivered to the business as required
* Consistent provision of first-class financial support to the business and the Finance Director
* Build strong and effective working relationships within the business and your team
* Proactively communicate in an effective and consistent manner
* Strong end to end delivery and ownership of specific projects
The Ideal Candidate:
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Team leader and good motivator
* Someone with a 'can do' attitude who is not afraid to get stuck into processes and systems that require refinement
* Experience of leading the development and implementation of finance best practice
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to create and maintain processes considering the needs of the business
* Great relationship building skills and a strong communicator with experience of influencing a team and others outside of direct reporting line
* Relevant sector experience would be advantageous - Hospitality, Leisure, multi-site Retail or FMCG
This job is now closed to further applications.