Financial Accountant - Straight from practice ACA/ACCA
Crawley, West Sussex, England
£50k - 55k per year + excellent benefits
Manufacturing & Industrial
Ignata Finance are working with a leading employer in the Gatwick area for the recruit of a Financial Accountant. This is the perfect opportunity for individuals who are currently working within a practice (particularly those from an auditing background) who are looking to make their first move into industry. My client has a fantastic track record progressing newly qualified accountants and providing them with the skills and attributes to become successful finance leaders. You will be part of the financial reporting and controls team and you will be exposed to several areas of the business which will enhance both your accounting and commercial acumen. You will be rewarded with a very impressive benefits package and be part of a high performing finance team.
Do to the nature of the role you will ideally match the following:
* ACCA or ACA practice training working within a top 10 practice (10-30 will be considered)
* Experience of working on/managing audits (ideally for blue-chip/FTSE/shared service companies)
* Degree educated from a strong academic background (desirable but not essential)
* Experience of Excel to an intermediate level (this will ideally include pivot tables and vlookups)
* Reporting into the Financial Accounting Manager you will be responsible for ensuring financial controls and reports are maintained in line with business needs and regulations.
* Responsible for the production of the statutory accounts and regulatory reporting.
* Undertake cashflow analysis to support senior staff in their strategic decision making.
* Responsible for and be the 'go to' for financial reporting system related queries. You will drive best practice and efficiency across the group.
* You will be responsible for the production of various financial reports across the business.
* Balance sheet reconciliations.
* Maintain and improve current financial controls.
* Responsible for group consolidations. This will include intercompany consolidations/reconciliations.
* Assist with the annual audit process ensuring you are the main point of contact with auditors and associated external and internal parties.
This job is now closed to further applications.